While not designed to be used in an Exchange Server environment, many users have reported success in doing so using the following procedure. We don't provide support for this procedure, however, and caution you to backup your data first - as you should do in any event on a regular basis when using Outlook - lest unwanted changes to the Modified Dates of your email messages occur:
1. Backup your Outlook data file(s). So long as you backup your data files you will be protected from any unwanted changes which may occur during editing or archiving operations and if this procedure doesn't seem to work for you, you'll be none the worse off for having tried.
2. Open Outlook and elect Work Offline (File | Work Offline).
3. Run ArchiveAssist to edit the Modified Dates as desired.
4. With the Modified Dates now set as you specified, run Outlook's Archive tool (File | Archive) to
archive messages according to your criteria. This step is optional; you don't have to create an archive now
for this procedure to take effect.
5. Use Outlook's Send/Receive tool to synchronize folders.
6. Close Outlook.
7. Open Outlook in Connected mode; the Modified Dates will properly reflect the changes you made with ArchiveAssist.
8. If you do not receive the desired results following this procedure, please send us an email at once to let us know. Please include the following in your email: (1) Operating System; (2) Outlook version; (3) Exchange Server version; (4) antivirus software brand; (5) size of your Outlook data store file(s); and (6) the number of messages in your data store file(s).